ALABAMA STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- License renewal date is the last day of the agent’s birth month every two years. Producers born in odd numbered years renew in odd numbered years
Producers born in even numbered years renew in even number years
- Proof of Citizenship required
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom / Seminar Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- Instructors will receive the same number of credits as attendees
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of ethics each compliance period
- Any approved course, without regard to the type of license held, may be taken for CE credit
- Effective January 1, 2022: licensees who sell annuity products will need to complete a new annuity course that includes the new Best Interest rules. Licensees who have already completed a 4-hour annuity course prior to 1/1/2022 may complete a 1-hour annuity best interest course or complete the new 4-hour annuity best interest course. Licensees who have not completed a 4-hour annuity course must take the 4- hour annuity best interests course prior to selling annuities.
Residents who have completed this training in another state with laws similar to Alabama law will be deemed compliant with this requirement.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Eight (8) hours initial one time LTC course, and a four (4) hour ongoing LTC course every compliance period following
- Newly licensed resident producers will have to satisfy the LTC one-time 8-hour training requirement before selling LTC insurance
- Excess CE carryover hours are NOT allowed.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within any reporting period.
- The examination must be administered by a proctor who must be a disinterested third party, with a minimum age of 18 years, who can be any person except for family members
or individuals who have a financial interest in the success of the student taking the examination. Co-worker proctors must not be above or below in the student’s
line of supervision.
- Generic Monitor Affidavit required.
- Newly Licensed less than 12 months and those holding Limited Line Licenses.
- Non-residents who have satisfied any CE requirements in their resident state.