CONNECTICUT STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of CT Insurance Law & Regulation and/or Ethics
6 of the total hours required must pertain directly to the line of authority
- License renewal date is the agent’s month of birth
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses / Seminars / Webinars
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- An Instructor can earn the same number of credit hours as a student
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of CT insurance law & regulation and/or ethics each compliance period
- At least 6 hours must be taken in each line for which the producer is licensed (LH, PC and Variable are all separate lines)
- Effective March 1, 2022: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Connecticut, producers must complete a one-time Annuity Suitability and Best Interest training course approved for at least 4 hours.
- Licensees who have already completed a 4-hour annuity course prior to 3/1/2022 may complete a 1-hour annuity best interest course or complete the new 4-hour annuity best interest course. Licensees will only have until 9/30/2022 to be able to take the 1-hour course.
- Licensees who have not completed a 4-hour annuity course must take the annuity best interest course prior to selling annuities.
- Non-residents who have completed training including the NAIC Best Interest Standards of another state that are similar to Connecticut’s law will be deemed compliant for Connecticut’s requirement.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Before a producer can market, discuss or sell any Partnership-approved long-term care insurance policy in Connecticut they must have met the training requirements and get certified under the Partnership’s Certification Training program. Certification training is available to Life, Accident and Health producers who have a valid license in Connecticut and is required for both resident and non-resident producers who wish to market Partnership-approved policies. The training is a one-time requirement, no renewal training is required. The training course is eligible for 10 Continuing Education credits (7 Life and Health and 3 Law/Regulations and Ethics) for Connecticut resident producers.
- The course is offered by: LTCi Training (https://www.ltcitraining.com/Public/CTPartnership) or call 866-400-5224
- Completion of this one course, and passage of an exam, will meet the Partnership Certification Training requirements
- Excess credits up to 24 hours completed during the current renewal period may be carried forward to the next renewal period.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a compliance period
- Self-study course may receive continuing education approval provided they include an examination on course material approved by the commissioner and administered by an impartial and disinterested person who shall not be a family member, relative, or dependents; employer or supervisor; employee or subordinate; partner, joint venture, or co-owner or anyone in whom the monitor has an economic or other interest in assuring the successful outcome of the examination.
- State Specific Monitor Affidavit Needed.
- Non Residents who are CE compliant in their home state