DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- License renewal date is the last day of the agent’s birth month.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- Instructors will receive the same amount of credit hours as the attendees
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Licensees must complete their 24-hour CE requirement by taking courses approved for the line of insurance they are licensed to sell. Excess ethics hours will not be credited as general and will be lost.
- Non-resident producers must take 4 DC specific credit hours.
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in the District of Columbia, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least
- Resident and non-resident producers may complete equivalent annuity training in any state.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- No Long Term Care requirement at this time.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period.
- Excess ethics hours will not be credited as general and will be lost.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a compliance period.
- Final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested 3rd party.
The monitor cannot be a family member, nor can it be someone who has a financial interest.
- General Monitor Affidavit Needed.
- Due to the public health threat of COVID-19, students can now use family members as a proctor for their exams until further notice.
- Non-residents who meet their state’s CE requirements
- Limited lines