HAWAII STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics or Hawaii Law
- Licenses renewal date is on the 16th day of their birth month. Even numbered months renew in even numbered years; odd numbered months in odd numbered years
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses:
- Seminar / Workshop
- Online Training
- Video / Teleconference
- Self-Study Courses
- Instructors shall receive the same credit as licensees taking the course taken once for every two-year renewal cycle
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of Ethics and/or the insurance laws and rules.
- Twenty-One (21) credit hours shall pertain to subjects relating to the line of insurance.
- Excess ethics for producers will count towards the general requirement as long as they are completed in the license type held
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Hawaii, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- NAIC LTCI producer training requirement passed. Producer training won’t be required until a Partnership is implemented, and Hawaii has yet to file a State Plan Amendment.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period.
- Credit will be earned only for the first time a course is taken in a renewal period. A licensee may attend the course for a second time but will not receive CE
credits for the same course code.
- Final exams are required to be monitored by a disinterested third party. A self-study course examination shall not be administered by a person who:
- (1) is related to, or is a business associate of, the licensee taking the examination; or
- (2) has a financial interest of a licensee taking the examination
- General Monitor Affidavit Needed.
- A licensee who has been licensed for less than two years at the time of the licensee’s first renewal
- Limited licenses
- Non-resident agents are exempt if home state has a reciprocal agreement with Hawaii