ILLINOIS STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Classroom Ethics
- Renewal is by the last day of the producer’s birth month
- CE must be completed at least 30 days prior to license expiration to avoid penalty
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- An Instructor can earn the same number of credit hours as the student
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) of ethics “Classroom or Webinar” each compliance period
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Illinois, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
- Non-residents who satisfy the annuity training requirements of another state that are similar to Illinois’ law will be deemed compliant for Illinois’ requirement.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Illinois requires all LTC producers to complete a one time 8 hour initial training course. A 4-hour review course is required every 24 months thereafter
- Non Residents who have taken a similar LTC Partnership course in any state as outlined in Illinois Administrative Code shall be deemed to satisfy the training requirement for both the 8 hour and 4 hour courses
- Up to twelve (12) credit hours can be carried over to the next compliance period. Ethics will carry over as General credits
- Cannot repeat a course more than once in a 2 year license term.
- No monitor required for a final exam
- Individuals with a temporary license
- Individuals with any of the following limited licenses: baggage, limited travel health, trip cancellation, industrial life or industrial health
- Non-resident producers who meet their resident states’ CE requirements