KANSAS STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 18 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hour of Ethics
Effective January 1, 2022: For resident producers who hold a line of authority for a major line(s) (Life and/or Health) continuing education hours for the biennial renewal period will change to a total of 18 hours with at least three of those hours in ethics. Both resident and nonresident producer license biennial renewal dates will change from their birthday to the last day of their birth month, in an even or odd year, depending on whether the producer was born in an even or odd year.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- An instructor can earn the same number of credit hours as the student.
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- One (1) hour of ethics each compliance period.
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which agent is licensed.
- Excess earned Ethics credits may be applied to cover other CE requirements in the current biennium.
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Kansas, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial 4-hour LTCP training requirement: All Kansas producers who sell, solicit, or negotiate LTC partnership policies must complete 4 hours of state-approved Kansas LTCP training.
- Ongoing 1-hour LTCP training requirement: After completing the 4-hour initial training requirement, LTCP producers must complete 1 hour of state-approved Kansas LTCP training each 2-year license term thereafter.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a compliance period including ethics.
- Effective July 1, 2021: Resident producer self-study type continuing education courses will no longer require a proctor for the exam portion.
- Non-residents who are in compliance with CE requirements in their home state.