NORTH DAKOTA STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- License renewal date is the last day of the producer’s birth month
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- Instructors shall receive the same number of credits as the attendees.
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) of ethics each compliance period.
- Producers may complete their CE requirement by taking courses approved for any line of authority.
- The North Dakota legislature has amended its annuity transaction practices law to adopt the NAIC’s model suitability standard. The amended provisions take effect January 1st, 2022. Licensees who have completed a 4-hour annuity course prior to 1/1/2022 may complete a 1-hour annuity best interest course or complete the new 4-hour annuity best interest course. Licensees will have until 6/30/2022 to be able to take the 1-hour course. Licensees who have not completed a 4-hour annuity course must take the 4-hour annuity best interest course prior to selling annuities.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial 8-hour LTC Partnership training requirement: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products in North Dakota, producers must complete an initial 8-hour, state-approved LTC training course.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC Partnership training requirement: After completing the initial 8-hour training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state-approved LTC training every 24-month period.
- Up to 12 credit hours taken in the last 12 months of compliance can be carried over to the first twelve months of the next compliance period.
- Ethics hours are carried over as general credits.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a compliance period.
- No monitor required for a final exam.
- Individuals with a limited license.
- Non-resident producers.