NEBRASKA STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- The license renewal date is the last day of the agent’s birth month.
- The license term is every 2 years, ending on the last day of the producer’s birth month in odd- or even-numbered years. Producers born in an even-numbered year must complete their CE in even-numbered years. Producers born in an odd-numbered year must complete their CE in odd-numbered years.courses accepted for CE Credit.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses / Webinars
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- An Instructor shall qualify for the same number of credit hours as the students
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of ethics each compliance period
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held
- Effective July 1, 2021: A producer who desires to sell annuities must comply with the law, which is effective immediately. A Producer who completed an annuity training course prior to July 1 2021, must by January 1, 2022 complete a new 4 credit course approved by the Department of Insurance (DOI) or an additional one-time 1 credit course approved by DOI. Producers licensed after July 1, 2021 must take a 4-hour annuity best interest course prior to selling annuities.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial eight (8) hours LTC
- Four (4) hours every 2 years following
- Non-residents who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to Nebraska’s law will be deemed compliant for Nebraska’s requirement.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period
- Credit will not be given for course that is repeated within a compliance period
- Self-Study exams are closed-book and must be monitored by a disinterested 3rd party. Exams must be completed in one session. A disinterested third party is an individual with no family or financial relationship to the student. Therefore a monitor should not serve for examinations of family members, relatives, or dependents; employers or supervisors; employees or subordinates; partners, joint ventures, or co-owners; or anyone in whom the monitor or instructor has an economic or other interest in assuring the successful outcome of the examination.
- Specific Monitor Affidavit needed.
- Individuals who hold a limited-lines license.
- Non-residents who are in good standing with his or her home state.