NEW MEXICO STATE REQUIREMENTS
24-hours of insurance CE, including 3 hours of ethics are required
every 2-year license term. A minimum of 3 hours must be completed in a classroom setting.
- The license term ends on the last day of the producer’s birth month, every 2 years. Even birth years renew every even year. Odd birth years renew every odd year.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- Instructors can receive CE credit for the same amount of hours their students
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hour of ethics each compliance period.
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- A minimum of 3 hours must be completed in a classroom or classroom equivalent courses.
- There is no annuity requirement at this time.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products in New Mexico, producers must complete an initial 8-hour, state-approved LTC training course. Producers may take any 8-hour NAIC approved LTC
course for use in any licensed state.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: From the date of completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state-approved LTC training every 24 months thereafter. Producers may take any 8-hour NAIC approved LTC course for use in any
- Non-resident insurance producers selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC products in New Mexico, who satisfy the training requirements of another state that are similar to New Mexico’s law will be deemed compliant for New Mexico’s requirement.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a three-year period
- No monitor required for a final exam
- Any licensee that has been continuously licensed and in good standing for 25 year, is eligible to apply for a Grandfather Exemption
- Non-resident agents who have met the CE requirements of their home state