NEW YORK STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 15 Hours Biennially
No Ethics requirement
- License renewal date is the agent’s date of birth, biennially.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses / Speech / Seminar Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- Regulation 187 requires insurers to set forth standards and procedures for recommendations to consumers with respect to both life insurance and annuity contracts. Insurance companies are responsible for ensuring that every producer recommending its life and annuity products is adequately trained to make the recommendation, however, Regulation 187 does not require the completion of specific training classes. It is the responsibility of the producer to know the annuity training requirements of the insurance company with whom he or she works.
- Non-residents who want to sell annuity products in NY must complete the NY 4-hour annuity course.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- There is no Long Term Care requirement.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period
- A licensee cannot ever repeat a course for credit
- Per N.Y. Insurance Law Article 21, New York has permanently ceased the monitor/proctor requirement.
- Non-resident agents whose home state requires CE and has a reciprocal agreement with New York
- Individuals who have a limited line license for which an exam is not required in New York