OKLAHOMA STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
Including 2 Hours of Oklahoma Legislative Updates
- License renewal date is the last day of the licensee’s birth month.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Courses must be approved for lines of insurance for which license is held.
- Three (3) hours of ethics each compliance period.
- Two (2) hours of State Legislative Update or Federal Legislative Updates each compliance period.
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products in Oklahoma, producers must complete a one-time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products in Oklahoma, producers must complete an initial 8-hour NAIC LTC course.
- After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of LTC training every 24-month period.
- Up to 6 credit hours can be carried over to the next compliance period. Excess hours may also be applied to bring a lapsed license into compliance. Hours that are carried over will be applied as general credit.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated less than 24 months from the completion date of the original course. A producer or adjuster may repeat a course after two (2) years have elapsed and receive the maximum credits designated for the course.
- The final exam is closed-book, and no outside information may be used to complete the exam. Exams do not require a monitor.
- Limited licenses.
- Non-residents whose home state is reciprocal with Oklahoma and whose home state CE requirement is the same or greater than Oklahoma.