PENNSYLVANIA STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
- The license renewal date is the last day of the agent’s birth month
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- Instructors will receive double credits for teaching a course. Course repetition rules apply
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Any PA approved course can be completed to satisfy CE requirements
- Producers must complete a one-time 4-hour training before selling annuity products.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating long-term care partnership products, producers must complete an initial 8-hour state-approved training course
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the initial 8-hour LTC training requirement, producers must complete a 4 hour follow-up training course every 24-month compliance period following the initial training
- The 1 hour PA Medicaid Long Term Care Training Course is required and included within the 8 Hour Training course
- Up to 24 credit hours can be carried over to the next compliance period
- Credit will not be given for course that is repeated within a compliance period
- The exam must be a proctored, closed-book exam with no assistance provided to the student. A disinterested third party (someone other than a supervisor or relative) may proctor the exam
- Specific Monitor Affidavit needed
- Insurance Producers licensed prior to January 1, 1971, that have been continuously licensed and have not added any additional lines of authority.
- Limited lines.
- Individuals exempted by the commissioner due to hardship or good cause such as disability or medical condition.
- Non-residents are exempt if home state has a CE requirement.