UTAH STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- License Renewal date is the last day of the producer’s birth month, every two years.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses – Half of the credit hours must be classroom credit or classroom equivalent.
- Self-Study Courses – Only 12 of the hours may be Self-Study.
- Classroom Equivalent
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of ethics each compliance period.
- Twenty-One (21) hours can be in any line of insurance.
- Twelve (12) hours must be in the classroom or classroom equivalent.
- A producer may not solicit annuity products unless the producer has adequate knowledge of the product and is in compliance with the insurer’s product training standards. No specific hourly requirements have been instituted.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial 3-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling LTC insurance products in Utah, producers must complete an initial 3-hour, state-approved LTC training course.
- Producers continuing to sell LTC must complete 3 hours of state-approved LTC training during every 24-month licensing period after the period in which they completed the initial training.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period.
- Credit will not be given for courses that are repeated within a compliance period.
- No monitor required for a final exam.
- Producers licensed before December 31, 1982, may request exemption.
- Non-resident licensee whose CE requirements are substantially similar to that of Utah.