VERMONT STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- License renewal date ends on March 31st on odd numbered years.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- Instructor receives the same amount of credits as the students.
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of ethics each compliance period.
- A maximum of 6 hours related to insurance agency management may be taken per compliance period.
- There is no annuity requirement at this time.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial eight (8) hours of Long-Term Care.
- Four (4) hours of LTC every compliance following.
- Non-residents must take 2 hours of Vermont Medicaid Training.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period.
- Credit will not be given for course that is repeated within a compliance period.
- Self-study exams must be proctored by a disinterested third party. A disinterested third party is a person who is not in the direct line of supervision of nor has any financial interest in the success of the person taking the exam. The proctoring process must ensure the exam will be complete by the student, on a closed-book basis without assistance.
- Specific Monitor Affidavit needed.
- Producers licensed less than 2 years at the time of the first renewal.
- Non-residents exempt if home state requires CE and they are in good standing in their state of residence.
- Limited lines