WASHINGTON STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- Every 2 years on the last day of the producer’s birth month.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of ethics each compliance period.
- Agents can take courses from any license type to complete their CE.
- Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating annuity products producers must complete a Washington approved one time annuity training course approved for at least 4 hours.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling, soliciting, or negotiating LTC insurance products, producers must complete an initial 8-hour, state-approved LTC training course.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: From the date of completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state-approved LTC training every 24 months thereafter.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a compliance period
- The WA LTC Refresher 4 Hour Course is exempt from the three year rule and permanently assigned its course number.
It may only be taken once during a 24 month period. The first time the refresher can be taken is 24 months after successfully completing the initial training.
- Requires photo ID at the time of attendees sign-in.
- If classroom attendees exceed 20, a monitor is required along with the instructor being present.
- No monitor required for a final exam.
- Non-residents who meet their state CE requirements (exception of LTC & LTC Partnership Insurance).
- Limited lines.