WYOMING STATE REQUIREMENTS
Continuing Education 24 Hours Biennially
Including 3 Hours of Ethics
- License renewal date is the last day of the licensee’s birth month.
COURSES ACCEPTED FOR CE CREDIT
- Classroom Courses: The number of insurance company sponsored CE hours shall not exceed 50% of total requirements in section 4(a)
- Self-Study Courses
- Online Courses
- Instructors may earn the same number of credit hours as a student.
COURSE SUBJECT REQUIREMENTS
- Three (3) hours of ethics each compliance period.
- All resident and non-resident producers are required to complete a one-time 4-hour Annuity training governing Suitability in Annuity Transactions.
LONG TERM CARE REQUIREMENT
- Initial 8-hour LTC training requirement: Before selling LTC in Wyoming, licensees must complete an initial 8-hour training course. Completing training requirements in any state satisfies the training requirements in Wyoming.
- Ongoing 4-hour LTC training requirement: After completing the 8-hour initial training requirement, producers must complete 4 hours of state approved LTC training every 24-month period following the completion of the initial training and every 24-months thereafter.
- Credit hours cannot be carried over to the next compliance period.
- Credit will not be given for a course that is repeated within a compliance period.
- The administration of the examinations must be monitored by a disinterested third party. A disinterested third party refers to the person you have monitor you while you take your test to ensure that you do not receive help while taking it. The monitor cannot be a family member, nor can it be someone who has a financial interest.
- General Monitor Affidavit needed.
- Individuals who hold a limited license.
- Non-resident with continuing education that meets or exceeds that of Wyoming.